Tuesday, 21 June 2016

David of Oxford Divorce Case Conference Paper

Given the frequency with which I comment upon the work of professional historians, it would be the height of hypocrisy for me not to open my own work up to comment. Therefore, I am uploading this paper, which I delivered at a conference on 20 June, where I attempt to unpack the David of Oxford divorce case. I had to omit a great deal of material to fit within the time frame (which I may use if I write this paper up for the conference's journal - if only to talk about Licorica of Winchester - but I haven't decided yet). One point, Dr Pinchas Roth pointed out to me that the discussion of Jewish divorce could be more nuanced, but I did not have time to incorporate this into this paper. I have omitted the PowerPoint slides just in case of any copyright issues. Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Rt2-YIPArVM0N5Z3kxa1l3MFE

No comments:

Post a Comment