Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Competition: Win a Copy of Kati Ihnat's "Mother of Mercy, Bane of the Jews: Devotion to the Virgin Mary in Anglo-Norman England"

One of the best books that I've read this year is Kati Ihnat's Mother of Mercy, Bane of the Jews: Devotion to the Virgin Mary in Anglo-Norman Literature. Thanks to Princeton University Press, I now have a spare copy which I have permission to use a prize draw. If you want a chance to win this excellent book then it's really very simple.

The Competition:

I'm sure everybody is getting fed up of my ramblings so it's your chance to contribute to the blog (I've nicked this idea from Dr Levi Roach). All that you have to do is propose a review of a piece of primary or secondary literature relating to Jews and medieval England (c. 500 - c. 1500) and tell me why you've chose that piece. The best proposal gets the book and in return will supply the review that they've proposed.

The Rules:

The competition is open to anybody, but given my current situation if your postal address is outside of the UK, I will ask you to cover the postage and packaging costs. There will be no preferential treatment on the basis of letters after ones name, so students and members of the general public stand just as much of a chance.

How to Enter:

Please submit your proposal to me at deanantonyirwin@outlook.com by 18:00 on Sunday 27 November and I will announce the winner on Monday.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment